Monday, September 1, 2008

Painting Accomplished! ...Back to the Grind...

I don't know about you, but Nate and I (well, mostly Nate...) decided it would be a great idea to paint the living room the same week that we went back to classes (and the same week I started teaching my Drawing Foundations class). I had also just painted three whole drawing rooms (2 coats each room) as a part of my graduate assistantship. Maybe not the smartest idea... But, it looks great so really, it wasn't the worst decision I've ever made. :)
Here I am ready to tackle some painting ass!!
I did all of the taping, edges, corners, and detail areas, and Nate did the big areas.
When we were finished, we were both a little tired. What better to do than plunker down and have a cold one? Or in Nate's case, a giant cold one! Our nice beer steins came from Nate's little bro who had recently been in Germany visiting a friend.
I'll get some pictures up of how the finished living room looks once I get it cleaned up. I'm also going to try and get some pics posted of the various projects I've been working on.
It has been a busy week so far, but I can't complain too much! I'm excited about my classes this semester (two painting classes and a fibers class) and teaching has been going very smoothly. I do have 19 students though, so it gets to be pretty crammed in our drawing studios. Anyways, I've got to get some lesson plans written up and get in some quality relaxation time before tomorrow!

No comments: