Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decorating on the Cheap!

I'm not a huge fan of the traditional red and green Christmas color scheme, so I've started collecting decorations at the thrift store in blue, white, silver, and gold. I had found these pretty white fake flowers at the thrift store, and then when I was at the craft store yesterday picking up some gift cards, I came across these fun little sticks that were on super-clearance. I was going to buy a vase for them, but I was sure that I could find something at home to use instead.
So I took a vodka bottle that Nate and I had emptied (over a long period of time mind you) and taped around the area where the label used to be and then spray-painted the outside gold with some spray-paint that I had leftover from an art project I had done. I think it turned out super cute, and very festive looking, especially for spending only about $1.50!
We also set up our tree a few days ago. The tree, the ornaments, and the tinsel were all thrift store finds as well, and I just used a scarf I had as a cover for the bottom. :)
I hope you all are having a not-too-stressful start to your holiday seasons!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Pretty! Truthfully I like slivers, blues, golds for xmas but we've gone pretty cliche ourselves. We found two foot stockings and of course mistletoe at the dollar store.