Sunday, May 17, 2009

Simplicity

I love sweet potatoes and salmon, such a great simple dinner.
The recipe for the mashed sweet potatoes is:
-1 large sweet potato
-Parmesan cheese
-milk
-garlic powder
-salt

1. Microwave the potato until cooked through.
2. Cut into small chunks (leave skin on). 3. Put into a small pan and add about 1/4 cup of milk, parmesean cheese, a pinch of salt, and a dash of garlic powder. Bring to heat on medium high.
4. Mash potato by hand, and add more milk as it becomes absorbed into the potatoes until it is the consistency you like. I like mine on the creamier side, so I added more milk. Add more salt or parmesan cheese to taste - one potato yields two large servings. Sometimes I am extra decadent and I pour a tiny bit of ranch dressing on top of the potatoes. Yum. :)

3 comments:

jennifer said...

Beautifully simple! I like the photos too.

A Beautiful Party said...

did you eat frozen pizzas the rest of the week? ( ;

Anonymous said...

Yes... thumbs up!