Sunday, June 21, 2009

Jam!

The original plan was to make some raspberry rhubarb jam, but the rhubarb I had gotten was starting to get a little iffy. Nectarines are in season right now, and they are one of my favorite fruits, so they were the next obvious choice.
nectarine jam 1
I used a recipe from Butter is Love, and it turned out wonderfully.
nectarine jam 2
It is perfectly sweet - I am not a fan of super-sweet jams and jellies.
nectarine jam 3
The only thing I think I messed up on is the setting of the jam. I don't think I had it at a hard enough boil, so it is not as thick as normal jam. It isn't runny though, so I'm happy! One question though, will the fact that it didn't set affect the shelf life of the jam? I would hate to lose all of my hard work!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

can i swim in that?

Team Knit said...

oh my god,that jam looks incredible- I immediately got a craving for toast and jam. And nectarines are tied with apricots for being my favourite stone fruit. I'm off to check out the recipe, thanks for the link!

- Julie

CassieMarie said...

Kim - yes!

Julie - You should try making it with apricots! :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I'm so jealous. I saw a recipe somewhere for rose petal jam and really want to try it. Another one I'm hoping to try someday soon is lavender jelly.