Sunday, June 10, 2007

On the Road Again

Nate and I are back home this weekend for his brother's graduation party, and to do some condensed wedding planning sessions. I haven't been very productive for the last two days as a direct result of this, but I did get a mock up wedding invite done (picture to come soon!) I am also making good progress on the pattern for my dress (no pictures until it is done!) I will at least show you my handy dandy dress form that I made to aid in the pattern drafting process: Nate helped me wrap my upper body in clear packing tape to make this possible. It is stuffed with grocery store bags and packing peanuts. I then finished off the bottom and the sleeves with mat board scraps and tape.

I also painted some pendants yesterday. There were about 20 in all, and I was going to try to finish them this weekend, but alas, I forgot my hammer and my jump ring tools at home, and they will have to wait until Monday.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Cassie, just a FYI, my mom has one of those torso things on a stand and it would probably hold pins in a little bit better. I haven't seen her use it in who knows how long and I'm sure she'd let you borrow it for making your dress. If your interested let me know or give her a call.

stickyfingers said...

Those pendants are lovely.

CassieMarie said...

Hey Adam, I'm good for now, I actually really like the dress form because it is exactly my proportions, thanks for the offer though!
--Cassie

CassieMarie said...

Hey Stickyfingers,
Thanks for the compliments, If you are interested in any of them once I get them listed on my etsy site, just let me know, I am still lusting after your "red tide" yarn!
--Cassie

Knitting Up A Storm said...

OMG!! I had the same idea for knitting! I should have done this before the FH left for Iowa, but I was going to wrap ducktape on an old shirt to make one of those models, for knitting garments! Glad to see it works (even though it's different materials!)

Gosh, I love all of your necklace stuff. I should buy one, one day! :)