Saturday, March 29, 2008

Good News!

Here is a sneak peek of what I've been working on recently. It is a group of interiors on 6"x6" hardwood panels. I've been using water-soluble oil paints in effort to nix the migraines I've been getting from paint thinner, and I really love them.
I found out this week that I got a Teaching Assistantship for next year as well, and I am VERY excited. I'll be teaching a foundations drawing class all by my lonesome. I really love NIU's MFA program because with my TA I'll be the teacher of record, so it will count as the precious 2 years of teaching experience that is necessary to score almost any university teaching position. I've been on cloud nine all week!
In other news, I'm completely ready for spring. Winter is starting to wear on me, and I'll be happy when I can feel the warmth of the sun again!
Speaking of winter, I went with the hubby's family to see Wicked in Chicago last weekend. It was a good show, and we stayed at an amazing hotel, but I think it could have been a little nicer outside- haha.Nothing like a good windy-ass sleet storm to get you in the mood to go walking around downtown!
Lastly, in lieu of nice weather, I've been doing some preliminary planning for the trip I want to take this summer. Nate and I, and possibly some others, are going to take a train up to Glacier National Park and camp/hike/paint for a week and a half. We are fairly set as far as camping gear goes, but we needed a nice backpack for Nate. Anyways, we were at the thrift store the other day, and *poof* right in front of me is this never-been-used $100 backpack with a $4.50 price tag on it.
I might have done a happy dance, or two.

2 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

I buy (87 cent- $1.50)books at thriftshops or at the library dollar sale (donated books)...and now I can't buy books new for 8 dollars anymore without grinding my teeth completely flat.

Jackie said...

Yay! I'm happy for you! Congrats! I hope that Dejan and I will get to see you soon. Dejan said that he misses you guys the other day!