Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hello Semester, Goodbye Social Life

I am aware a large amount of time has elapsed since my last post, but I've been a little overwhelmed by school and travels these last few weeks. I've got four paintings in the Watercolor '08 show at the Norris Gallery in St. Charles right now until mid April. Framing those pieces caused an entirely unnecessary amount of stress. The long and short of the story is that I ordered frames online, they were craptastic, I had to quick go to the craft store and pick up mediocre frames, and re-mat each piece. Not the most fun thing to do on an already stressful weekend. Anyways, they look fine, and I got four pieces in, so not too bad of an end result.
Other than that, Nate and I went to the Dells for a couple of days over our short lived spring break, and that was pretty fun.
Also, I read a great book over break for my Eco Art Class- it can be found here on the class's blog. There are some other book reviews from my classmates on there as well, so if you are looking for an eco-friendly book to read, look no further.
Last but not least, here are some of the new yarns in my Etsy shop.They are all 100% Merino, and very squishy.

2 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Gorgeous! The last one is my favorite...

Kristine said...

so so pretty!