Saturday, December 15, 2007

New Projects

I started knitting again! Well, actually I have been knitting all along, but it has been for other people and I always forget to take pictures before I send the item away... This is the beginning of Emerald, a free pattern from Knitty. I'm using Lion Brand's Cotton Ease. I love wool, but I cannot stand it against my skin. Even merino makes me red and itchy. Therefore, I'm knitting it in Cotton Ease, which I really love so far!
I've also been having some fun with shrinky dinks. I'm hoping to sell some of these on Etsy, and I'm working out ways that I can string them, if you have any ideas, feel free to shoot them my way! One thing I was thinking of was using some 'suede feel' yarn. I think it would work well because these pendants are so lightweight. I was also thinking of mounting some of them onto painted wood discs to make them heavier and give them a little more dimension. I'll keep playing around though until I find something that works well.

It is snowing like mad outside right now. Earlier this week we had an ice storm, and I went out around where we live and shot some pictures at sunset, this is one of my favorites:

2 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

God, I wish I could draw like you.

CassieMarie said...

I have to admit, most were traced with my handy dandy lightbox. :)
They are animals from a copyright free dover image library book.