Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Survived the Holidays!

We did quite a bit of traveling this holiday season, between Illinois, Milwaukee, our hometown, and Galena. With all that holiday busyness, I still managed to get in some quality knitting time. These are some armwarmers I'm working on a pattern for. They are really easy to make and take advantage of both knitting and crochet. They look super cute over a pair of gloves too. :)
Christmas itself was fairly stress-free this year, save the terrible weather and road conditions we had for every leg of our travels. We went to a total of six Christmas celebrations, and this was the best weather we had:
Car rides that normally took about two hours ended up taking four. We had our kitties with us as well, thankfully they were well behaved and we had no car troubles. On one highway we took, they actually closed down the highway right after we got off of it.
I also got to do some quality yarn shopping . I got these two beauties at La Bella Vita in Mineral Point WI:This one is from Farmhouse Yarns it is their 'Lumpy Bumpy' yarn in Cranberry. It is going to be an earflap hat for my sister.
This one is Malabrigo Aquarella colorway Tranqueras. I'm making it into a beanie for myself. La Bella Vita is a great little shop! They organized their yarns by color, and specialize in unique and beautifully colored yarns. This is my second trip there, and the staff has always been great. I just got done with the earflap hat that I made with yarn I bought the last time I was there. It is the same as the first yarn in the colorway Mardi Gras. It is very soft and very warm. Lastly, this is another earflap hat that I made out of my handspun yarn. It was a little bit too short, so I decided to crochet a trim around it. Now it fits perfectly!

No comments: