Sunday, April 5, 2009

Chicago Trip - From Trash to Spectacle Lecture

This last week Nate and I went in to Chicago to attend the 'From Trash to Spectacle' lecture series at the Art Institute. It was a really great time, we did a little shopping and eating out as well. :)
Here we are coming in to the emerald city - this is the view looking through the green windows on the metra train.
Doesn't Nate look excited to be riding the train? This picture cracks me up. The lecture was great, and afterwords we walked around downtown for a little while. The weather was absolutely perfect for walking around.After getting in a little bit of shopping, we went to the north loop and had dinner at Fado's Irish Pub. It was D-lish. Of course we had to have a Guinness. I had a great time. :)
Also, if you are interested in hearing the lecture, go to the Blog of the lecture series, there is a link to hear a podcast of the first lecture, and I'm sure they'll post a link to the second one as well.

2 comments:

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Ha ha...Joe and I took the metra train to Chicago like 3 weeks ago. I forgot the dang camera though. I had to take pictures at the Art Museum with my cellphone. For a second I thought you were at the same Irish pub that was across from the museum. I visited Loopy Yarns too while I was there. Joe was quite a sport and let me take as long as I needed. ;) It was a big shop!

CassieMarie said...

haha, you are a lucky woman! I haven't even been to loopy yarns yet, I'm itching to go though!! :)