Thursday, February 19, 2009

Handspun Notebook Paper Project

This semester has gotten off to a somewhat slow start for me regarding my studio work, but I am finally getting into my groove. I am starting a new project that involves spinning notebook paper that I've written on into yarn. It is in its infancy as of now, but I am making progress. Each page takes about 40 minutes to write on, cut, and then spin into yarn.

It is kind of tricky to spin at first, but I am getting the hang of it. It is surprisingly sturdy once it is spun up. I'll be posting more about this project as it goes on.
In other news, I've been fighting this cold and I can't shake it. Any suggestions on ways to battle this cold would be greatly appreciated. :)

6 comments:

Trina said...

Your spun paper sounds like an interesting idea - what are you going to use it for?

And I suggest lemon juice and honey mixed with hot (not boiling) water for a cold - works every time for me :) Hope you feel better soon!

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Neat! I once had an idea to try to spin cotton balls into yarn. But I realized I was too lazy for that much work. lol. :)

Good luck. You'll have to tell us what you'll use it for.

Michelle said...

That's such an interesting concept! I love it and can't wait to see what you do with it. As for the cold all I can suggest is staying warm, lots of rest, and orange juice.

A Beautiful Party said...

cant wait to see more. this looks great!

the Lady said...

Rest, eat lots of veggies (fresh) and onions and garlic. Sleep a lot, especially when you feel like it. Stay in bed.

Neat spinning.

CassieMarie said...

Thanks guys, the project is inching along, I will keep you guys up to date as it gets more interesting. :)
Also, thanks for all of the suggestions on tricks to feeling better!