Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Simplifying, One Small Step at a Time

My apartment is starting to feel a little too unorganized, so I've been starting to try and tackle one small cleaning related task every day. I started yesterday with our cupboards. They were in a sad state of disorganization, so now everything has a place. I also cleaned out a bunch of random glasses and dishes that we were not using.
I also needed to make some space for my lovely gray Ikea dishes. They are so simple and classy at the same time. I don't know why I've waited so long to get a matching set of dishes. It gave me the opportunity to clear out all of our random dishes.I've also been trying to eat more fresh/natural foods again. We have been so hopelessly busy this semester that cooking has gone to the wayside. We are trying to make at least two dinners each week, and then we streeetccch out the leftovers for the next few days. Lunch today was leftover chicken breast on spinach with asian sesame dressing. Yum.
I can't wait for spring. I am getting so antsy for the weather to warm up. I really want to start my garden again. I am sure it will be much better this year, and I can't wait to be sitting out in the hot hot sun. :)

5 comments:

Trina said...

Some lovely photos :) Good luck with the organising!

Anonymous said...

I really love your dishes!

Team Knit said...

Those are really awesome Ikea dishes! Did you get those pretty vases there, too?

- Julie

A Beautiful Party said...

i'm ready for matchy dishes, too! and springtime!

CassieMarie said...

Thanks guys!
Julie - I did get those vases there as well. They are the perfect size. :)