Friday, August 15, 2008

Bold and Bulky Mini Cardi from Fitted Knits

I finally got good pics of this while we were on our trip to Galena. It was made from an acrylic and cotton (50/50) blend recycled yarn that I took apart from a sweater. It is such a good basic wardrobe piece. I think I may knit another one soon, and make the sleeves and the body full length.

The buttons came from a different sweater that I got at the thrift store to take apart, they are just plain shell buttons. The necklace I'm wearing is from Vintaj on Etsy, I got it about a year ago, and I love it. It is also a staple of my wardrobe. I think I only made a few little modifications to the pattern. I did the decreases a little differently, and I didn't do the flare sleeves.
Fitted Knits is full of great patterns, and I can't wait to start another. Stefanie Japel is an awesome designer, and I can't wait to see her next book Glam Knits.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Cassie, it looks GREAT on you! I love the whole recycled aspect of it!!!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Very cute !!!

Anonymous said...

That cardi looks rad!