Tuesday, August 4, 2009

In Full Bloom

garden 8
The garden has been growing like mad these last few weeks. We are just on the brink of having a constant supply of beans, tomatoes, swiss chard, and romaine. So far it has been a cool and wet growing season. The tomatoes are coming in pretty late because they need a bit more sunshine. The zucchini on the other hand is producing like mad. We've already gotten 6 zucchini, and I've made veggie wraps with grilled zucchini, chicken zucchini curry, and 3 zucchini spice cakes. If you have any good zucchini recipes to share, let me know! :)
Here are some of the rest of the goods:
Lemon Balm
garden 7
Yesterday I grabbed some leaves from these and made myself some tea. It was d-lish.
Cucumbers:
garden 6
These have been sprawling like mad, but no cucumbers yet. Pretty flowers though!
Yellow Pear Tomatoes:
garden 4
I can't wait for these to start ripening. I don't know if many will make it past the garden without me eating them!
Baby Romaine Lettuce:
garden 1
These shot up like mad - hopefully they won't bolt now that it is getting hotter outside. The seeds I bought are bolt resistant, so keep your fingers crossed for me.
We've also been enjoying the chives and thai basil on a daily basis. :)
bruschetta pizza
It is so great to be able to have a garden at our apartments. It is going to be hard for me to leave when I am done with my MFA if I end up going somewhere where I can't have a garden.

1 comment:

highflyinsm said...

Well you could do what I did and move your entire garden with you! I transplanted my plants and they are currently overgrowing our balcony.

I also have a yummy stuffed zucchini recipe I will send you if I can find it.